Guest Services & Safety Team Member
Guest Services & Safety Team (GSST) Members are primarily responsible for controlling and monitoring access to Tippet Rise Art Center by promoting safety and security for all employees, guests and other visitors, with fidelity to the Core Values. The primary duty station for the GSST Member is the Front Gate of Tippet Rise Art Center. GSST Members will patrol Tippet Rise Art Center property and assist the Special Security Team as assigned. GSST Members will not be armed. Most importantly, the GSST Member will be a team player and will be willing to collaborate, pitch in, and adapt with Tippet Rise.
Duties and Responsibilities
GSST Members are often the first members of the Tippet Rise Team to interact with guests upon their arrival. This interaction will set the tone for the guest’s visit to Tippet Rise.
• Be welcoming and helpful, creating a positive experience for the guest
• Interact with guests, initiating contact using diplomacy, tact and self-control
• Be friendly, clear and succinct in all instructions and communications
• Maintain positive relationships with Tippet Rise’s neighbors and community
• Control access to Tippet Rise Art Center properties
• Prevent trespassing, vandalism, poaching, theft, violence and disruptive circumstances
• Monitor and observe all persons at Tippet Rise Art Center for safe, appropriate behavior
• Proactively report and document any threat or risk to Tippet Rise Art Center, its guests, performers, employees and/or properties, including activities, incidents and abnormal situations that may result in unsafe, adverse, illegal or undesirable outcomes
• Perform mobile and foot patrols of Tippet Rise Art Center properties as assigned
• Work with, and under the direction of the Special Security Team
• Ensure Tippet Rise Art Center alarms and security systems are operational and in service
• Complete and submit daily logs, notes and communications
Emergency Prevention & Response
• Be initial contact for responding emergency personnel and facilitate expedient access for emergency responders/vehicles
• Maintain knowledge of all Security and Emergency Operations protocols and procedures
• Respond to and assist in any security, medical or other emergency situation, as needed
• Intervene in any situation presenting immediate risk to persons or property, negatively impact guest experience, artist performance, employee job execution, or overall safety
• Deescalate conflicts, tactfully and skillfully, intervening when necessary
• Facilitate the removal of undesirable persons from Tippet Rise Art Center properties
• Monitor security systems, cameras and alarms, respond to all alarms, calls and incidents
• Summon appropriate assistance from Tippet Rise Art Center employees and/or local emergency response agencies to control any unsafe or undesirable situation
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information regarding Tippet Rise Art Center, its facilities, operational procedures, employees and guests
• Innovate and implement new procedures and duties as needed
• Follow proper procedures and preform all duties as assigned, and while unsupervised
• Assist Tippet Rise Art Center and Ranch operations
• Participate in all team meetings and trainings
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Current driver’s license and right to work documents required
• Legally and safely operate motor vehicles
• Possess and use excellent situational awareness
• Work well in a collaborative team environment
• Have excellent verbal communication and customer service skills
• Be able to work well without direct supervision
• Know how to use email, smartphones, Windows computer systems & programs
• Be able to successfully complete a physical fitness assessment
• Pass a background check and drug screening
• Fire/EMS/LEO/Military background a plus
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
• Isolated, indoor and outdoor work environments, with exposure to extreme weather
• Remain outdoors in variable weather conditions including hot, cold, sunny, wet, windy, snowy, stormy, etc.
• Extended periods of sitting, standing, and walking on various terrain
• Driving in inclement weather with hazardous road conditions
• Driving a vehicle such as an SUV, Jeep, golf cart, side-by-side ATV, etc.
• Periods of exposure to loud noises, vehicle fumes, dust, wind and precipitation
• Be physically and mentally agile to maintain a professional demeanor under stress
• Have physical stamina to respond in the event of a protracted threat/emergency
• Ability to stand quietly for 2+ hours at a time while restricting movement
• Ability to lift and carry heavy objects
Full time, Part time, and Summer/Seasonal opportunities available
Hourly Wage: The salary for this position is $18.00 per hour. The salary represents Tippet Rise Art Center’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Reports to: Security Manager
To apply, please e-mail your resume, and a cover letter with 1.) Your Desired Employment: full time, part time or seasonal, 2.) Why you are applying for this position, 3.) Why you are a superior candidate for the Guest Services and Safety Team and 4.) What your career goals are to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is Saturday, May 28, 2022.
Tippet Rise Art Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment opportunities.
Tippet Rise is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Tippet Rise is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Tippet Rise are based on job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race; color; religion or belief; national, social or ethnic origin; sex (including pregnancy); age; gender identity and/or expression; family or parental status; sexual orientation; past or present military service; marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, disability status or any other status protected under the law. Tippet Rise will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in hiring or in its workplace.