Guest Services & Safety Team Personnel
Start Date: Immediately
Job Title: Guest Services & Safety Team Member
Terms: Part time, full time and seasonal options available
Guest Services & Safety Team personnel will monitor and control access to Tippet Rise properties and promote a safe and secure environment while welcoming guests, providing them with excellent customer service, the proper information and clear instructions.
GSST Members will monitor and patrol Tippet Rise properties as assigned, operate the security systems and respond to alarms. GSST personnel must have excellent interpersonal and communicate skills and work well with others to achieve the security and safety objectives. GSST personnel are NOT armed.
The desired GSST applicant will:
• Have excellent verbal communication and superior customer service skills
• Be able to work well without direct supervision while promoting team integrity
• Be able to successfully complete a job related physical fitness assessment
• Have a clean driving record & possess all-season reliable transportation
• Pass a background check and drug screening
• Have and know how to use email, smartphones, Windows computer systems & programs
• Fire/EMS/LEO/Military background a plus
Please send a cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing:
1) Why you are applying to this position
2) Why you should be part of the Guest Services & Safety Team at Tippet Rise
3) What your career goals are
4) Your availability
Tippet Rise Art Center is located in Fishtail, Montana, against the backdrop of the Beartooth Mountains. Set on a 12,000-acre working sheep and cattle ranch, Tippet Rise hosts classical chamber music and recitals and exhibits large-scale, outdoor sculptures. Tippet Rise celebrates the concept that art, music, architecture, and nature are inextricably linked in the human experience, each making the others more powerful. The art center features musical performance spaces indoors and out. To support our mission, Tippet Rise creates films of concerts and other creative endeavors and also encourages varying perspectives through collaborations with outside filmmakers.
This position’s primary responsibility is to work with our team in all aspects of film production. We are looking for a quick thinking, detail-oriented individual to work with our Audio Video team, stage manager, and musicians to film our concerts during our busy summer season. This individual will take part in preproduction planning and set-up, camera operation, and will work both indoors and out on the land amongst the sculptures. The employee will also be responsible for editing summer concert films during the fall, winter and spring.
Additional year-round responsibilities include assisting our A/V team during week-long film shoots, which generally take place with visiting filmmakers and/or musicians. Work includes pre-production, planning, and set up, and camera operation. Additionally, the individual will be responsible for managing and maintaining our film equipment.
The individual must be positive and proactive and willing to work towards the common goals and objectives of Tippet Rise. The candidate should have experience working in film production and editing, and must also have strong technology and equipment knowledge to facilitate efficient organization and maintenance of the film gear. Tippet Rise works with various external contracted filmmakers and production teams, and the candidate must be willing and able to partake in all stages of production and assist in any crew position necessary to execute the production smoothly. The candidate should be comfortable working with crews of varying sizes as well as taking on tasks individually, such as gathering footage, editing, data organization, and photo editing. Most importantly, the candidate should be willing to collaborate, pitch in, and adapt with Tippet Rise. This job profile may change and adapt with the growth and needs of Tippet Rise.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Minimum 2 years filmmaking experience, and/or a degree in filmmaking or other relevant media arts
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and/or Avid Media Composer
• Proficient with Sony and Canon equipment
• Strong understanding of technology and film equipment
• Ability to meet project deadlines
• Detail oriented
• Strong team member
• Must be willing to relocate near Fishtail, Montana, or surrounding area
• Reliable transportation in all weather conditions
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with A/V team in the planning and project coordination of each film shoot, including team meetings and artist/tech consultations
• Prepare gear for film needs
• Assist in set-up and striking of any/all sets
• Communicate with Tippet Rise team, artists, and contracted production teams to implement and assist with film production needs
• Camera operation
• Data transfers
• Set up Adobe Premiere Projects
• Content editing and color correction
• Social media content creation
• Managing video data, archive footage, organize files, and hard drives
• Gear and equipment management including inventory, organization, cleaning, setup, and software updates
• Assist in maintaining photo archive
• Assist with keeping work spaces and facilities clean and organized
• Learn about all aspects of Tippet Rise and become an integral team member to work towards common goals
Reports To: Audio and Technology Systems Manager
Terms: Year-round. Wage is commensurate with experience
To Apply: Please send a resume and portfolio to Tippet Rise’s Production Coordinator and Filmmaker, Emily Rund: email@example.com. Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted within two weeks of the application deadline.
Application Deadline: Friday, October 25, 2019
Tippet Rise Volunteer Program, 2019
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Tippet Rise Art Center! Set on a 12,000-acre working sheep and cattle ranch, Tippet Rise hosts classical chamber music concerts indoors and out and exhibits large-scale, outdoor sculptures. At Tippet Rise, we celebrate the concept that art, music, architecture, and nature are inextricably linked in the human experience, each making the others more powerful. Guests visit the art center to attend concerts and to see the sculpture collection through van tours and self-guided hiking and biking tours.
We are thrilled to be approaching Season Four at Tippet Rise. Our first three years were a success; much of the credit for this goes to our wonderful volunteers and summer staff.
During Season Four, Tippet Rise will be open to the public on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. We typically host three concerts per weekend—on Fridays and Saturdays—and sculpture tours on all three days.
In 2019, we look forward to continuing to provide our guests with the warmest of welcomes as well as extraordinary experiences centered on the Tippet Rise mission. We pride ourselves on our fun, positive work environment and team and we hope you will join us!
To be added to our list of potential volunteers, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the word “Volunteer” in the subject line.
Thank you kindly!
The Tippet Rise Team
Tippet Rise is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Tippet Rise is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Tippet Rise are based on job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race; color; religion or belief; national, social or ethnic origin; sex (including pregnancy); age; gender identity and/or expression; family or parental status; sexual orientation; past or present military service; marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, disability status or any other status protected under the law. Tippet Rise will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in hiring or in its workplace.