About Tippet Rise Art Center
Tippet Rise Art Center is located in Fishtail, Montana, against the backdrop of the Beartooth Mountains, roughly midway between Billings and Bozeman and north of Yellowstone National Park. Set on a 12,000-acre working sheep and cattle ranch, Tippet Rise hosts classical chamber music and recitals and exhibits large- scale, outdoor sculptures. Tippet Rise celebrates the concept that art, music, architecture, and nature are inextricably linked in the human experience, each making the others more powerful. The art center features musical performance spaces indoors and out, with programs that seek to create memorable experiences for performers and audience members alike.
Open Position: Filmmaker
Tippet Rise is currently seeking a qualified Filmmaker to join our film team. The Filmmaker position participates in all aspects of film production. We are looking for a creative, detail-oriented individual to work with our audio video team, stage manager, musicians and artists to film classical music concerts and other Tippet Rise experiences. This individual will take part in pre-production planning and set-up, and camera operation. The work takes place both indoors and out on the land amongst the sculptures. The individual will also be responsible for post production including editing the summer concert films.
Additional year-round responsibilities include assisting our A/V team during week-long film shoots, which generally take place with visiting filmmakers and/or musicians. Work includes pre-production planning and set up, and camera operation, and post production. The individual will also be responsible for managing and maintaining our film equipment.
Along with experience working in film production and editing, the Filmmaker must also have strong technology and equipment knowledge to facilitate efficient organization and maintenance of the film gear. In addition, Tippet Rise works with contracted filmmakers and production teams, and the Filmmaker will participate in all stages of production and assist as necessary to execute the production smoothly. The candidate should be comfortable working with crews of varying sizes as well as taking on individual tasks, such as gathering footage, editing, data organizing, and photo editing.
The Filmmaker must be proactive and support the common goals and objectives of Tippet Rise. Most importantly, the individual will collaborate, pitch in, and adapt with Tippet Rise.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with team to plan and coordinate each shoot, including attending team meetings and artist/tech consultations
• Prepare gear for film needs, production and post-production
• Assist in set up and striking of all sets
• Communicate with the Tippet Rise team, artists, and contracted production teams to implement projects
• Operate camera
• Manage data transfers
• Conduct content editing and color correction
• Create Social media content, as requested
• Manage gear and equipment, including inventory, organization, cleaning, setup, and software update
• Responsible for post-production scheduling with A/V team and timely completion of deliverables
• Assist in managing video data, archive footage, organize files and hard drives
• Assist in maintaining photo archive
• Learn about all aspects of Tippet Rise to become an integral team member to work towards common goals
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Degree in filmmaking and 2+ years of experience, or equivalent experience
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Davinci Resolve, and/or Avid Media Composer
• Experience with Sony and Canon equipment preferred
• Ability to work collaboratively in team environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Detail oriented with the ability to consistently meet deadlines
• Strong Ability to problem-solve, adapt under pressure, and take initiative
• Ability to read and understand classical music, or relevant experience is a plus
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
• Works both in an office environment and outdoors
• May sit for long periods of time
• Frequently speaks, reads, writes and uses a computer keyboard
• Frequently walks and works outside in a variety of weather conditions
• Requires standing, lifting heavy objects, stooping, or bending
The position begins April 12, 2021. Work hours will vary but include events on the weekends and evenings, often involving long hours.
Reports to: Audio and Video Manager
To apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter and a film reel and/or other work samples to email@example.com.
The deadline to apply is March 12, 2021.
Guest Services & Safety Team Personnel
Start Date: Immediately
Job Title: Guest Services & Safety Team Member
Terms: Part time, full time and seasonal options available
Guest Services & Safety Team personnel will monitor and control access to Tippet Rise properties and promote a safe and secure environment while welcoming guests, providing them with excellent customer service, the proper information and clear instructions.
GSST Members will monitor and patrol Tippet Rise properties as assigned, operate the security systems and respond to alarms. GSST personnel must have excellent interpersonal and communicate skills and work well with others to achieve the security and safety objectives. GSST personnel are NOT armed.
The desired GSST applicant will:
• Have excellent verbal communication and superior customer service skills
• Be able to work well without direct supervision while promoting team integrity
• Be able to successfully complete a job related physical fitness assessment
• Have a clean driving record & possess all-season reliable transportation
• Pass a background check and drug screening
• Have and know how to use email, smartphones, Windows computer systems & programs
• Fire/EMS/LEO/Military background a plus
Please send your resume and a cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please tell us:
1) Why you are applying to this position
2) Why you should be part of the Guest Services & Safety Team at Tippet Rise
3) What your career goals are
4) Your availability
Tippet Rise Art Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment opportunities.
Tippet Rise is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Tippet Rise is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Tippet Rise are based on job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race; color; religion or belief; national, social or ethnic origin; sex (including pregnancy); age; gender identity and/or expression; family or parental status; sexual orientation; past or present military service; marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, disability status or any other status protected under the law. Tippet Rise will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in hiring or in its workplace.