Van Tour Guide
The primary responsibilities of the van tour guide are to safely operate the art center’s tour vans and take Tippet Rise guests on guided tours of the sculptures and ranch. The tour guide must have excellent guest service skills and enthusiasm for Tippet Rise, its vision, and art. The driver will provide verbal narration during each tour, providing insight on the art center and its history, the sculptures and artists, the land and the region. The candidate must be available for a mandatory three-day training in June. Work will begin June 29th and continue every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from roughly 10 am to 6 pm through mid September. Applicants must be comfortable with people and public speaking, and have a valid driver’s license.
Reports to: Art Education Coordinator and Sculpture Tour Manager
Terms: Part Time, Seasonal
• Operate Tippet Rise vans safely at all times
• Operate van only on designated shuttle routes
• Become knowledgeable about the art center, art, artists and natural history and learn the tour script and guide materials that are provided
• Provide two-three guided tours/day, informing guests about:
- The art center’s sculptures, art and artists
- The ranch, and ranching operations
- The Tippet Rise Art Center history and vision
- Local history
- The local natural environment
• Create a positive rapport with all guests
• Help guests in and out of the van at every stop
• Clean the van daily
• Complete and file all paperwork accurately and promptly
• Communicate effectively with art center colleagues and supervisors
• Complete a daily vehicle check prior to operating van
• Fuel van as needed
• Make sure van is properly charging
• Effectively communicate with a two-way radio
• Assist with emergency evacuation
• Inventory reporting to ensure all required supplies are on hand
• Other required tasks as assigned by your supervisor
To apply, please send your resume and two references to Beth Huhtala at email@example.com by Monday, April 30, 2018.
Audio Engineer Assistant
The primary responsibility of the Audio Engineer Assistant is to implement all aspects of audio recording, live sound, and film audio recording as well as editing and mixing and all aspects of post-production at Tippet Rise. The employee will help with all aspects of concert and recording technology setup and breakdown and may also need to help with technology infrastructure work. The employee will also take notes for recordings, read scores, and manage data for post-production. In addition, she or he must work well with a team and be willing to pitch in with all aspects of Tippet Rise. This job description may change over time with the changing needs of the art center.
Reports to: Director of Operations and, daily, with the Audio Engineer
Terms: Full time, seasonal (mid-June through mid-September), wage commensurate with experience
Production and Post-Production
• Serve as Assistant Audio Engineer for all recordings, events, film shoots
• Editing and mixing
• Participate in pre-production planning and artist consultation
• Setup and breakdown for recording session and concerts
• Audio support for all video projects
• Setup and breakdown of PA systems
• Audio post-production, for recordings and video
• Assist with data management
• Score reading and notation
Audio, Video and Technology Infrastructure
• Help keep all AV storage areas clean and organized
• Keep track of inventory of all AVL equipment
• Preventative maintenance on all AVL and technology infrastructure and update systems software
• Help prepare venues for film viewing
• Preview films, if needed
• Operate projector, screen, audio, lights and media player during film screening
• Become knowledgeable about Tippet Rise Art Center, its mission, art and environment
• Help rearrange concert hall and other spaces as needed for recording sessions, film shoots, screenings, maintenance, cleaning and more
• Help move chairs, stages, risers, pianos, if needed
• Knowledge and use of Pro Tools and Merging Technologies Pyarmix Systems
• Audio engineering and production education
• Professional work experience in audio engineering
• Able to read music
• Knowledge and experience in classical music
• Physically capable of lifting up to 50 pounds, moving gear up and down stairs
• Prepared to work long days
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and at least three references to Monte Nickles, firstname.lastname@example.org, by Monday, April 30, 2018.
Guest Services and Safety Team Personnel
The primary duty of Tippet Rise Guest Services & Safety (GSST) personnel is to monitor and control access to the Tippet Rise property as well as welcome and give pertinent information to the organization’s guests. GSST personnel will also monitor and patrol for security issues and operate the security systems and respond to alarms. GSST personnel must communicate and work well with other Tippet Rise staff as well as contracted security staff to achieve safety objectives. GSST personnel will not be armed.
Reports to: Security Manager
Terms: Multiple positions available, including full and part-time. 24-hour coverage needed; hiring for all shifts. Seasonal (mid-June through mid-September); possibility of year-round employment
• Provide excellent guest services and visitor information to musicians, artists and guests
• Check incoming vehicles
• Communicate with operations staff about traffic and incoming guests
• Check guest list
• Operate and respond to security system and alarms
• Follow Tippet Rise security operations procedures for locking and unlocking buildings and gates
• Patrol for trespassers, poachers, and vandals, as assigned
• Monitor guests for safe and responsible behavior
• Document incidents of suspicious activity
• Deescalate conflicts and remove people from property, if necessary
• Provide critical assistance in the event of an emergency or evacuation
• Work with law enforcement and other emergency service providers as necessary
• Complete required record-keeping on scheduled basis
The ideal applicant would:
• Possess excellent verbal communication and superior customer service skills
• Be able to work well without direct supervision while being an integral member of a team
• Be able to complete a three-pronged physical fitness assessment that includes: a short timed run and strength and agility demonstrations
• Possess reliable transportation
• Pass a background check and drug screening
• Fire/EMS/LEO/Military background a plus
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com by Friday, April 20, 2018.
Tippet Rise Volunteer Program, 2018
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Tippet Rise Art Center! Set on a 10,260-acre working sheep and cattle ranch, Tippet Rise hosts classical chamber music concerts indoors and out and exhibits large-scale, outdoor sculptures. At Tippet Rise, we celebrate the concept that art, music, architecture, and nature are inextricably linked in the human experience, each making the others more powerful. Guests visit the art center to attend concerts and to see the sculpture collection through van tours and self-guided hiking and biking tours.
We are thrilled to be approaching Season Three at Tippet Rise. Our first two years were a success; much of the credit for this goes to our wonderful volunteers and summer staff.
During Season Three, Tippet Rise will be open to the public on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from the end of June through the middle of September. We typically host three concerts per weekend—on Fridays and Saturdays—and sculpture tours on all three days.
In 2018, we look forward to continuing to provide our guests with the warmest of welcomes as well as extraordinary experiences centered on the Tippet Rise mission. We pride ourselves on our fun, positive work environment and team and we hope you will join us!
To be added to our list of potential volunteers, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the word “Volunteer” in the subject line.
Thank you kindly!
The Tippet Rise Team
Tippet Rise is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Tippet Rise is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Tippet Rise are based on job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race; color; religion or belief; national, social or ethnic origin; sex (including pregnancy); age; gender identity and/or expression; family or parental status; sexual orientation; past or present military service; marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, disability status or any other status protected under the law. Tippet Rise will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in hiring or in its workplace.