Assistant Filmmaker and Editor
Tippet Rise Art Center is located in Fishtail, Montana, against the backdrop of the Beartooth Mountains. Set on a 10,260-acre working sheep and cattle ranch, Tippet Rise hosts classical chamber music and recitals and exhibits large-scale, outdoor sculptures. Tippet Rise celebrates the concept that art, music, architecture, and nature are inextricably linked in the human experience, each making the others more powerful. The art center features musical performance spaces indoors and out. To support our mission, Tippet Rise creates films of concerts and other creative endeavors and also encourages varying perspectives through collaborations with outside filmmakers.
This position’s primary responsibility is to assist in all aspects of film productions, camera operation, equipment management and post production editing. The individual must be positive and proactive and willing to work towards the common goals and objectives of Tippet Rise. The candidate should have experience working in film production and editing, and must also have strong technology and equipment knowledge to facilitate efficient organization and maintenance of the film gear. The candidate should be comfortable working with crews of varying sizes as well as taking on tasks individually, such as gathering footage, assistant editing, data organization, and still imagery and photo editing. Most importantly, the candidate should be willing to collaborate, pitch in, and adapt with Tippet Rise. This job profile may change and adapt with the growth and needs of Tippet Rise.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Terms: Year-round. Wage is commensurate with experience
Qualifications and Requirements
• Minimum 2 years filmmaking experience, and/or a degree in filmmaking or other relevant media arts
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
• Proficient with Sony and Canon equipment
• Strong understanding of technology and film equipment
• Ability to meet project deadlines
• Detail oriented
• Strong team member
• Must live near Fishtail, Montana or surrounding area
• Reliable transportation in all weather conditions
Duties and Responsibilities
- Camera operation
- Gear and equipment management including inventory, organization, cleaning, setup
- Assistance with on-set and film crew needs
- Data transfer
- Setup Adobe Premiere Projects
- Content editing
- Assist in managing video data, archive footage, organize files and hard drives
- Assist in maintaining photo archive
- Keep film gear, equipment, and software updated
- Assist with keeping work spaces and facilities clean and organized
- Learn about all aspects of Tippet Rise and become an integral team member to work towards common goals
Please send a resume and portfolio to Tippet Rise’s Production Coordinator and Lead Filmmaker Emily Rund by January 1st, 2019: email@example.com
Guest Services & Safety Team Personnel
The primary duties of Tippet Rise Guest Services & Safety Team personnel are to monitor and control access, promote a safe environment for all employees, guests and visitors, and welcome guests and visitors providing them with proper information and instructions. The GSST employee will also monitor and patrol for security issues as well as operate the security systems and respond to alarms. GSST personnel must communicate and work well with other Tippet Rise staff as well as other contracted service providers to achieve security and safety objectives. GSST personnel will not be armed.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Provide excellent guest services experience for al guests, clients and customers
• Clearly and knowledgeably communicate guest information and instructions
• Regulate and check incoming/outgoing vehicles and guests
• Communicate with operations staff about traffic and incoming guests
• Maintain accurate documents, like guest list and daily logs
• Operate and respond to security system and alarms
• Follow Tippet Rise security operations procedures for locking and unlocking buildings and gates.
• Patrol for trespassers, poachers, and vandals as assigned
• Monitor guests for safe and responsible behavior
• Document incidents of suspicious activity
• Deescalate conflicts, tactfully and skillfully intervening when necessary
• Provide critical assistance in the event of an emergency or evacuation
• Work with law enforcement and other emergency service providers as necessary
• Complete required record keeping on scheduled basis
The desired applicant would:
• Have excellent verbal communication and superior customer service skills.
• Be able to work well without direct supervision while being an integral member of a team.
• Be able to successfully complete a physical fitness assessment.
• Have a clean driving record & possess all-season reliable transportation.
• Pass a background check and drug screening.
• Have and know how to use email, smartphones, Windows computer systems & programs
• Fire/EMS/LEO/Military background a plus.
Terms: Part time, Winter & Summer/Seasonal options.
To begin the application process, please send a cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter should include: why you are applying to this position, why you should be part of the Guest Services & Safety Team at Tippet Rise, and what your career goals are.
Tippet Rise Volunteer Program, 2018
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Tippet Rise Art Center! Set on a 10,260-acre working sheep and cattle ranch, Tippet Rise hosts classical chamber music concerts indoors and out and exhibits large-scale, outdoor sculptures. At Tippet Rise, we celebrate the concept that art, music, architecture, and nature are inextricably linked in the human experience, each making the others more powerful. Guests visit the art center to attend concerts and to see the sculpture collection through van tours and self-guided hiking and biking tours.
We are thrilled to be approaching Season Three at Tippet Rise. Our first two years were a success; much of the credit for this goes to our wonderful volunteers and summer staff.
During Season Three, Tippet Rise will be open to the public on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from the end of June through the middle of September. We typically host three concerts per weekend—on Fridays and Saturdays—and sculpture tours on all three days.
In 2018, we look forward to continuing to provide our guests with the warmest of welcomes as well as extraordinary experiences centered on the Tippet Rise mission. We pride ourselves on our fun, positive work environment and team and we hope you will join us!
To be added to our list of potential volunteers, please send a message to email@example.com and include the word “Volunteer” in the subject line.
Thank you kindly!
The Tippet Rise Team
Tippet Rise is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Tippet Rise is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Tippet Rise are based on job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race; color; religion or belief; national, social or ethnic origin; sex (including pregnancy); age; gender identity and/or expression; family or parental status; sexual orientation; past or present military service; marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, disability status or any other status protected under the law. Tippet Rise will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in hiring or in its workplace.