Van Tour Guide
The primary responsibilities of the van tour guide are to safely operate the art center’s tour vans and take Tippet Rise guests on guided tours of the sculptures and ranch. The tour guide must have excellent guest service skills and enthusiasm for Tippet Rise, its vision, and art. The driver will provide verbal narration during each tour, providing insight on the art center and its history, the sculptures and artists, the land and the region. The candidate must be available for a mandatory three-day training in June. Work will begin July 5th and continue every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from roughly 10 am to 6 pm through mid-September. Applicants must be comfortable with people and public speaking, and have a valid driver’s license.
Reports to: Art Education Coordinator and Sculpture Tour Manager
Terms: Part Time, Seasonal
• Operate Tippet Rise vans safely at all times
• Operate van only on designated shuttle routes
• Become knowledgeable about the art center, art, artists and natural history and learn the tour script and guide materials that are provided
• Provide two-three guided tours/day, informing guests about:
- The art center’s sculptures, art and artists
- The ranch, and ranching operations
- The Tippet Rise Art Center history and vision
- Local history
- The local natural environment
• Create a positive rapport with all guests
• Help guests in and out of the van at every stop
• Clean the van daily
• Complete and file all paperwork accurately and promptly
• Communicate effectively with art center colleagues and supervisors
• Complete a daily vehicle check prior to operating van
• Fuel van as needed
• Make sure van is properly charging
• Effectively communicate with a two-way radio
• Assist with emergency evacuation
• Inventory reporting to ensure all required supplies are on hand
• Other required tasks as assigned by your supervisor
To apply, please send your resume and two references to Beth Huhtala at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
Guest Services & Safety Team Personnel
The primary duties of Tippet Rise Guest Services & Safety Team personnel are to monitor and control access, promote a safe environment for all employees, guests and visitors, and welcome guests and visitors providing them with proper information and instructions. The GSST employee will also monitor and patrol for security issues as well as operate the security systems and respond to alarms. GSST personnel must communicate and work well with other Tippet Rise staff as well as other contracted service providers to achieve security and safety objectives. GSST personnel will not be armed.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Provide excellent guest services experience for al guests, clients and customers
• Clearly and knowledgeably communicate guest information and instructions
• Regulate and check incoming/outgoing vehicles and guests
• Communicate with operations staff about traffic and incoming guests
• Maintain accurate documents, like guest list and daily logs
• Operate and respond to security system and alarms
• Follow Tippet Rise security operations procedures for locking and unlocking buildings and gates.
• Patrol for trespassers, poachers, and vandals as assigned
• Monitor guests for safe and responsible behavior
• Document incidents of suspicious activity
• Deescalate conflicts, tactfully and skillfully intervening when necessary
• Provide critical assistance in the event of an emergency or evacuation
• Work with law enforcement and other emergency service providers as necessary
• Complete required record keeping on scheduled basis
The desired applicant would:
• Have excellent verbal communication and superior customer service skills.
• Be able to work well without direct supervision while being an integral member of a team.
• Be able to successfully complete a physical fitness assessment.
• Have a clean driving record & possess all-season reliable transportation.
• Pass a background check and drug screening.
• Have and know how to use email, smartphones, Windows computer systems & programs
• Fire/EMS/LEO/Military background a plus.
Terms: Part time, Winter & Summer/Seasonal options.
To begin the application process, please send your resume and a cover letter by email to email@example.com. Cover letter should include: why you are applying to this position, why you should be part of the Guest Services & Safety Team at Tippet Rise, and what your career goals are.
The primary job of the Interpretive Ranger is to assist and monitor guests and ensure their visit to Tippet Rise is safe, memorable and enjoyable. Interpretive Rangers help guests understand and follow art center rules, advise them on best hiking or biking routes, and provide them with information about the art center and its art, artists, and music, and the environment and natural history of our area. The employee is outdoors for the entire work day and walks and/or bikes the land, making themselves visible, and accessible, to guests. Interpretive Rangers must be friendly, in good physical condition, possess excellent guest service skills, and be willing to help with the needs of the art center as they arise.
Schedule: Part Time, Seasonal
Reports to: Managing Director, Operations, Pete Hinmon
• Become knowledgeable about the art center and its art, artists, and music, and the region’s history and environment
• Provide exceptional guest services and information
• Be vigilant about safety and enforce Tippet Rise policies
• Actively monitor and interact with guests as needed
• Mentally keep track of hikers and bikers and where they are coming from or going while they explore the art center; communicate this to other rangers via 2-way radio.
• Help hikers and bikers with directions and route planning
• Periodically check trails
• Assist with trail maintenance
• Keep an eye on livestock and ensure guests to not get too close to livestock
• Effectively communicate with a 2-way radio
• Assist as directed with emergency situations
Daily Duties and Checks
Pre-departure from Energy Building:
• Clean and fill water jug each morning and make sure guests are aware that you have water
• Complete daily vehicle check before heading out onto the ranch
Upon arrival at assigned Sculpture Site or area:
• Check restrooms, ensure they are unlocked and stocked with toilet paper
• Clean the signage in your assigned area. Birds like them!
• Remove livestock manure from under and immediately around sculpture area
• Clean sculpture, only under direction from Director of Operations
Once visitors are on the land:
• Routinely check sculpture area, trails and van drop-off area for rattlesnakes and other hazards
• Walk assigned trails at least 2 times per day
• Complete your assigned sweep at end of day, ensure all guests, hikers and bikers are off the land and brought to visitor center or parking lot and are checked out
• Communicate with Sculpture Tour Coordinator before leaving for the day
To apply: Please send your resume to Jenny Van Ooyen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tippet Rise Volunteer Program, 2019
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Tippet Rise Art Center! Set on a 12,000-acre working sheep and cattle ranch, Tippet Rise hosts classical chamber music concerts indoors and out and exhibits large-scale, outdoor sculptures. At Tippet Rise, we celebrate the concept that art, music, architecture, and nature are inextricably linked in the human experience, each making the others more powerful. Guests visit the art center to attend concerts and to see the sculpture collection through van tours and self-guided hiking and biking tours.
We are thrilled to be approaching Season Four at Tippet Rise. Our first three years were a success; much of the credit for this goes to our wonderful volunteers and summer staff.
During Season Four, Tippet Rise will be open to the public on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. We typically host three concerts per weekend—on Fridays and Saturdays—and sculpture tours on all three days.
In 2019, we look forward to continuing to provide our guests with the warmest of welcomes as well as extraordinary experiences centered on the Tippet Rise mission. We pride ourselves on our fun, positive work environment and team and we hope you will join us!
To be added to our list of potential volunteers, please send a message to email@example.com and include the word “Volunteer” in the subject line.
Thank you kindly!
The Tippet Rise Team
Tippet Rise is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Tippet Rise is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Tippet Rise are based on job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race; color; religion or belief; national, social or ethnic origin; sex (including pregnancy); age; gender identity and/or expression; family or parental status; sexual orientation; past or present military service; marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, disability status or any other status protected under the law. Tippet Rise will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in hiring or in its workplace.