Guest Services & Safety Team Personnel
The primary duties of Tippet Rise Guest Services & Safety Team personnel are to monitor and control access, promote a safe environment for all employees, guests and visitors, and welcome guests and visitors providing them with proper information and instructions. The GSST employee will also monitor and patrol for security issues as well as operate the security systems and respond to alarms. GSST personnel must communicate and work well with other Tippet Rise staff as well as other contracted service providers to achieve security and safety objectives. GSST personnel will not be armed.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Provide excellent guest services experience for al guests, clients and customers
• Clearly and knowledgeably communicate guest information and instructions
• Regulate and check incoming/outgoing vehicles and guests
• Communicate with operations staff about traffic and incoming guests
• Maintain accurate documents, like guest list and daily logs
• Operate and respond to security system and alarms
• Follow Tippet Rise security operations procedures for locking and unlocking buildings and gates.
• Patrol for trespassers, poachers, and vandals as assigned
• Monitor guests for safe and responsible behavior
• Document incidents of suspicious activity
• Deescalate conflicts, tactfully and skillfully intervening when necessary
• Provide critical assistance in the event of an emergency or evacuation
• Work with law enforcement and other emergency service providers as necessary
• Complete required record keeping on scheduled basis
The desired applicant would:
• Have excellent verbal communication and superior customer service skills.
• Be able to work well without direct supervision while being an integral member of a team.
• Be able to successfully complete a physical fitness assessment.
• Have a clean driving record & possess all-season reliable transportation.
• Pass a background check and drug screening.
• Have and know how to use email, smartphones, Windows computer systems & programs
• Fire/EMS/LEO/Military background a plus.
Terms: Part time, Winter & Summer/Seasonal options.
To begin the application process, please send your resume and a cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter should include: why you are applying to this position, why you should be part of the Guest Services & Safety Team at Tippet Rise, and what your career goals are.
Tippet Rise Volunteer Program, 2019
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Tippet Rise Art Center! Set on a 12,000-acre working sheep and cattle ranch, Tippet Rise hosts classical chamber music concerts indoors and out and exhibits large-scale, outdoor sculptures. At Tippet Rise, we celebrate the concept that art, music, architecture, and nature are inextricably linked in the human experience, each making the others more powerful. Guests visit the art center to attend concerts and to see the sculpture collection through van tours and self-guided hiking and biking tours.
We are thrilled to be approaching Season Four at Tippet Rise. Our first three years were a success; much of the credit for this goes to our wonderful volunteers and summer staff.
During Season Four, Tippet Rise will be open to the public on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. We typically host three concerts per weekend—on Fridays and Saturdays—and sculpture tours on all three days.
In 2019, we look forward to continuing to provide our guests with the warmest of welcomes as well as extraordinary experiences centered on the Tippet Rise mission. We pride ourselves on our fun, positive work environment and team and we hope you will join us!
To be added to our list of potential volunteers, please send a message to email@example.com and include the word “Volunteer” in the subject line.
Thank you kindly!
The Tippet Rise Team
Tippet Rise is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Tippet Rise is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Tippet Rise are based on job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race; color; religion or belief; national, social or ethnic origin; sex (including pregnancy); age; gender identity and/or expression; family or parental status; sexual orientation; past or present military service; marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, disability status or any other status protected under the law. Tippet Rise will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in hiring or in its workplace.